News Roundup – July 2018
Another exciting month at eXtension. The Impact Collaborative trained 29 new Facilitators from 22 Premium Member Institutions to take the Impact Collaborative Process back to their institutions and help get innovative ideas for projects and programs moving forward. We are scheduling Designathon One events and Innovation Kit Workshops at Premium Member Institutions, a job opportunity and fellowship opportunity, an update on the Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program, and some big news about our October 2018 Summit!
Making An Impact: Video Feature
Making An Impact Video Series
Angela Allen, Associate Professor and Communities Educator, from the University of Wisconsin Extension – Milwaukee County shares how she’ll be able to help her institution with the skills she’s learned from the Impact Collaborative.
- Impact Collaborative Summit. The Impact Collaborative is hosting its first national Impact Collaborative Summit in Indianapolis, IN, from October 16-18, 2018. The Summit is available to all member institutions and includes an Innovation Kit Workshop and Designathon Two. The registration fee is waived for Premium Member Institutions for the first 5 members sent as a team, and the first 3 members for Basic Member Institutions. The Summit Flyer, with registration information, can be found here.
- Fellowship Opportunity. eXtension has a Fellowship opportunity for a Customer Relationship Management Sandbox and it is open to all Land-Grant Universities regardless of eXtension membership status. eXtension is funding an opportunity for a Fellow position to lead a process with a national committee and eXtension to explore and document needs and potential solutions for Customer Relationship Management functions in Cooperative Extension across the country. For more information on this opportunity, click here.
- Now Hiring – Innovation Facilitator Manager. We are seeking an expert facilitator and experienced innovator to join our Impact Collaborative team and help lead innovation capacity-building for our members of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System. If you, or someone you know, may be interested in this opportunity – please click here for more information.
- Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program Update. On June 30th, 2018, the first 6-month progress reports were due for the PSEFMP projects. A survey was created and sent to the coordinators to gauge their experience with the training and submission of the report. A complete summary of the results are available here.
From the eXtension Blog
Check out all upcoming professional development events listed on learn.extension.org
- Understanding, Tracking, and Predicting Harmful Algal Blooms. August 8th, 2018 at 2 PM EDT. Learn More or Register
- Tree Stewards: Case Study of Two Virginia Urban Tree Volunteer Programs. August 16, 2018 at 1 PM EDT. Learn More or Register
- Family Finances Series: Financial Planning for Life Events. August 28, 2018 at 11 AM EDT. Learn More or Register