Site and Tools are for Personal, Noncommercial Use Only
The Site and its Content, including, without limitation, text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, software, links, and other material contained on the Site, are for user’s own personal, noncommercial purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. The user should not rely on any Content on the Site to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet the user’s individual needs.
Access to the Site and Content
Limited Personal, Noncommercial Access and Use
User acknowledges that the Site contains Content that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights of eXtension Foundation or third parties. Exclusive title to the Site and Content, and all such proprietary and intellectual property rights, remains with eXtension Foundation or its licensors. The Site is also subject to copyright protection as a collective work of eXtension Foundation pursuant to applicable copyright law. The user agrees to comply with any copyright notices, information, or restrictions displayed on the Site or contained in any Content available on or accessed through the Site.
All trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site are the sole and exclusive property of eXtension or its third party licensors or suppliers. User is not permitted to use these trademarks, logos, and service marks of eXtension or its licensors or suppliers without eXtension’s prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the trademark, logo, or service mark.
Creative Commons Access
eXtension Foundation has made available certain material on the Site under the terms of the Creative Commons license. Material licensed under Creative Commons is expressly identified by the Creative Commons icon:
For specific rights and information, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/.
The user must use this material in accordance with the applicable Creative Commons license and consistent with its context, including accurately reflecting its context. The user may use this material for non-commercial purposes only. For reuse or distribution, the user must make clear to others the license terms of this material. Any of these conditions can be waived if the user obtains permission from the copyright holder.
Other Users of the Site
The Site may allow user to link, connect, or otherwise communicate with other users through the Site. By linking, connecting, or communicating with other users, user is agreeing to allow those other users to communicate directly with user through the Site. User agrees that user is solely responsible for all communications between user and any other user through the Site. User’s extension or acceptance of a link, connection, or other communication with any other user will serve as user’s affirmative “opt in” to the disclosure of any of user’s Content or other data or information (which may include user’s personally identifiable information) that user provides to that other user.
Expanded access to or use of the Site and any Content may be granted by contacting eXtension’s Copyright Agent (listed below) and receiving prior written approval by the eXtension Foundation Board of Directors or its designee. Use will not make any expanded use of the Site or any Content without receiving such approval.
The Content on the Site could include technical inaccuracies, typographical errors, or omissions. eXtension Foundation reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
Liability of eXtension Foundation and its Licensors
User’s access to the Site and the Content herein is at the user’s own risk.
When accessing the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of eXtension Foundation and its suppliers. Accordingly, eXtension Foundation assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with access to the Site.
THE EXTENSION FOUNDATION SITE, CONTENT, AND PUBLIC AREAS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXTENSION FOUNDATION, ITS LICENSORS, ITS SUBCONTRACTORS AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXTENSION FOUNDATION, ITS LICENSORS, ITS SUBCONTRACTORS AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, state of the art or science, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the Site.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the Site.
eXtension Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of children. eXtension is dedicated to safeguarding any personal information collected online and to helping parents and children have positive experiences on the Internet. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, eXtension will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent.
Parents can revoke their consent and ask that information about their children be deleted from the Site by contacting eXtension offices via email. To do this or to review personal information collected from children, eXtension must verify the identity of the requesting parent. When a parent revokes consent, eXtension will stop collecting, using, or disclosing information from the child. To respect the privacy of parents, information collected and used for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notice is not maintained in a retrievable form by the site if parental consent is not obtained after a reasonable time.
If the user accesses a Public Area, the user is solely responsible for his or her own communications, the consequences of posting those communications and reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. eXtension Foundation and its licensors, its subcontractors and suppliers are not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas. In cases where the user feels threatened or believes someone is in danger, the user should contact local law enforcement agency immediately.
- Accessing the Site or Public Areas for any purpose in violation of local, state, national or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, slanderous, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, or abusive to any other person or entity as subjectively determined by eXtension Foundation ;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Disrupting the normal flow of dialogue or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed after receiving a warning to discontinue;
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person or accessing the Site or a Public Area on behalf of any third party;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use the user’s Account or Account ID for posting or viewing comments;
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”;
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Areas or the Site, or which, in the judgment of eXtension Foundation, exposes, eXtension Foundation or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type; or
- Introducing unauthorized software, automated or aggregating agents or scripts to the Site, Content, or Public Areas so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests, and queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Site.
eXtension Foundation reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms;
- Investigate an allegation that a communication does not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication;
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas; and
- Edit or delete any communication or submission posted on the Site, regardless of whether such communication or submission violates these standards. eXtension Foundation or its licensors have no liability or responsibility to users of the Site or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities or to make available any portion of the Site or Public Areas.
Suspension and Termination
If the user chooses to subscribe to one of eXtension Foundation’s subscription services, the following additional terms and conditions will apply depending on which service is chosen. The user should be aware that the eXtension Foundation subscription services are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18.
Information the User Submits: The user is using the subscription services at his or her own risk and is personally responsible for verifying its suitability for the user’s needs.
Charges and Billing: The user is responsible for providing a valid credit card number at the time of registration for a subscription service. The user represents and warrants that he or she is an authorized user of such credit card, and the user agrees to pay all charges resulting from the subscription service account at the prices then in effect, including any unauthorized charges incurred prior to notifying eXtension Foundation of such charges. The user agrees that eXtension Foundation may pass the credit card information and related personally identifiable information to its designated service provider(s) for their user in charging the user for appropriate services utilized through the subscription service. All subscription service charges are exclusive of sales or other taxes and the user is responsible for payment of any applicable state, local, and city taxes. eXtension Foundation reserves the right to modify or terminate membership plans, change prices, or institute new charges for any subscription service at any time with at least thirty (30) days’ notice.
Searches, Advertisements, and Links to Other Sites
eXtension Foundation may provide links to third-party websites that are not under the control of eXtension Foundation. eXtension Foundation does not recommend and does not endorse the content on any third-party websites accessible through any links on the Site. eXtension Foundation is also not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites, websites framed within the Site, third-party websites provided as search results, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Use of third-party websites is at the user’s own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. eXtension Foundation does not endorse any third-party product or service advertised on the Site.
Equal Employement Opportunity (EEO) Statement
Educational programs of the eXtension Foundation serve all people regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation. eXtension Foundation is a partnership of the nation’s land-grant colleges and universities, the United States Department of Agriculture National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) and the National Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU).
eXtension Foundation is a Missouri nonprofit corporation, in the United States of America with headquarters in Centreville, Alabama. eXtension Foundation makes no claims that Site or its Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Site and Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If the user accesses the Site from outside the United States or exports Content or information obtained from the Site from the United States, the user does so at his or her own risk and is responsible for compliance with the laws of the user’s jurisdiction.
Notice and Take Down Procedures
If the user believes any materials accessible on or from the Site infringes his or her copyright, the user may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Site by contacting eXtension’s Copyright Agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that the user believes to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) or an authorized version of the work;
- Identification of the material that the user believes to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material and provide the URL or any other pertinent information that will allow eXtension Foundation to locate the material;
- The user’s name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information that the user has supplied is accurate, and indicated that “under penalty of perjury,” the user is the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
eXtension Foundation’s agent for copyright issues relating to this Site or any Content is as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
183 S. W. Davidson Drive, Suite A
Centreville, AL 35042