- Through the 22007 Outreach Support Program, USDA would like to expand community-based partnerships to ensure all producer communities understand DFAP, know how to seek assistance, and know how to apply.
- Extension Foundation is one of three organizations facilitating the 22007 Outreach Support Program. Extension Foundation is responsible for executing the application and funding process to provide funding and guidance to eligible Event Host applicants to plan and host 22007 outreach and/or technical assistance events in coordination with the 22007 regional hub vendors.
- In partnership with USDA, Extension Foundation will facilitate coordination between Event Hosts and the DFAP regional hub vendors.
- Event Hosts will only be responsible for planning, marketing, and hosting the outreach events. The DFAP Regional Vendors will be onsite at each event and will be responsible for providing program information and/or technical assistance to interested applicants.
- To be eligible for funding, your organization must commit to host three (3) in-person events with a target of at least 35 attendees per event.
- Your events should be accessible, culturally and linguistically appropriate and open to all producers and those who serve producers in your community who would like to learn more about DFAP or get assistance submitting an application.
The Extension Foundation was selected by USDA to serve as one of its vendors for Section 22007 of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) to solicit applications from eligible applicants pre-selected by USDA and assigned to the Extension Foundation, provide technical assistance, and make decisions on applications based upon USDA guidance. Section 22007 of the IRA directs USDA to provide financial assistance to producers who have experienced discrimination in USDA’s farm lending programs. To implement this legislative directive, USDA established the Discrimination Financial Assistance Program. This program gives USDA the ability to provide financial assistance for farmers, ranchers, or forest landowners determined to have experienced discrimination in USDA’s farm lending programs prior to January 1, 2021.
Congress directed that the program should be administered by non-governmental organizations, so in May, USDA signed contracts with three non-governmental vendors who, together, constitute a national administrator and four regional hubs. The vendors are working together to solicit applications from eligible farmers, provide technical assistance, and make decisions about each case (following rules set by USDA).
The 22007 application opened on July 7, 2023 and will now close on January 13, 2024.
To ensure maximum producer participation and increase their awareness of financial assistance, USDA has partnered with community-based organizations across the country with experience in agriculture and trusted relationships with producer communities. Leveraging partner networks will enable USDA to meet its goal to reach broad, diverse, and inclusive communities in all geographic regions.
Toward this end, USDA is seeking to expand partnerships with trusted producer-serving organizations.
Specifically, USDA would like to support organizations to host 22007 outreach events in coordination with the DFAP regional hubs vendors through the 22007 Outreach Support Program. The purpose of this program is to facilitate awareness and understanding of the Discrimination Financial Assistance Program among producer communities through effective, accessible, and inclusive outreach and technical assistance events across geographic regions.
At minimum, eligible applicants:
- must be verified non-profit organizations or institutions of higher education;
- commit to plan, market, and host three (3) in-person events with a target of at least 35 attendees per event by December 22, 2023;
- coordinate with the funder organization and the DFAP Regional Hub Vendors to facilitate their 22007 activities at the events; and
- submit required reporting event outcomes.
Funding for each event is set at $2,500, the total award will be $7,500 to host the three events.
Learn more at 22007.extension.org