The EXCITE Program is Hiring Coaches
The Extension Collaboration on Immunization Teaching and Engagement (EXCITE) seeks to add 1-2 program coaches for the adult immunization education program from June 1, 2023 through November 30, 2024. See the application and apply here.
Applicants should have knowledge of public health and have some experience relative to Cooperative Extension based at Land Grant Universities. This position will be part of the EXCITE program team and will serve as an online coach for 5-7 Land Grant University EXCITE teams selected for the adult immunization project.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coaching 5-7 institutional teams through the proposed grant work plan through 2 meetings per month.
- Meeting with all coaches to identify needed resources and professional development for the institutional teams.
- Reviewing team programmatic and financial reports and providing guidance to the team based on these reports.
- Meeting with supervisor to provide input and request assistance as needed.
- Plan and provide direct learning opportunities for teams in national professional development sessions.
The position is for 30 hours per month or approximately 8 hours per week. Not all weeks will be equal; the individual will work with teams to define meeting times. We are seeking two coaches at 25% level of effort or one coach at 50% level of effort. If an interested candidate is in a current Extension position, this would be a buyout of 25% or 50% of time. If the applicant is not a current Extension employee, this position will be a contractual agreement for 30 hours per month with salary to commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should upload a letter below stating interest in the position and your experience/working relationship with Cooperative Extension. A resume highlighting related educational programming and coaching skills, as well as knowledge of public health, should be uploaded below. The first review of applications will begin May 8, 2023. This position will remain open until acceptable candidates are identified.