Application Link: https://registry.extension.org/232975217322153
Extension Foundation (EXF) is a well-established non-profit organization providing diverse services to over 100 public universities across the United States. EXF is a membership-based 501(c)(3) non-profit operating foundation formed in 2006 by Extension Directors and Administrators. EXF partners with university-based Cooperative Extension Services to increase their capacity and offers exclusive professional development to its members. EXF has multiple sources of funding including memberships and multiple federal awards.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Associate to join our team. As an Executive Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing administrative support and ensuring the smooth operation of our virtual office reporting to the CEO and COO. Your primary responsibilities will include preparing contracts, event planning, scheduling meetings for the CEO, COO, and Comptroller, securing travel and registrations, maintaining records and files, minute taking for various meetings, providing support with recruiting logistics, and assisting with various administrative tasks as needed. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced virtual environment. High preference is given to a candidate who has worked in higher education or the nonprofit sector.
- In collaboration with the Contracts Manager and utilizing preapproved templates, efficiently draft and prepare contracts, subawards, and award packets for all EXF subrecipients, vendors, and institutions, with a volume exceeding 350 per calendar year.
- Assist with the contract process from draft development to contract execution.
- Manage and maintain the contract tracking and filing system on the shared drive or grants management software (ie: WizeHive).
- Support planning virtual and in-person meetings and events.
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, taking meeting notes, and organizing resource materials when necessary.
- Assist with event planning by identifying optimal sites (cities/lodging) and coordinating onsite facility logistics and programmatic needs for in-person events.
- Entering and maintaining data into databases.
- Provide support with recruiting logistics (i.e., job descriptions, candidate pipelines, interview scheduling, etc.).
- Register and process payment for EXF staff meeting registrations.
- Coordinate travel arrangements point-to-point and associated logistics as required for EXF staff.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of files and filing systems.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential and routed only to appropriate areas.
- Work closely with EXF team members and provide assistance and support as needed, fostering a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience
- Proven experience in an administrative role or similar position
- Proficient in using Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in higher education or non-profit
- Bachelors degree
- Administrative contracting experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in effectively transitioning between tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in data entry and record-keeping.
- Seasoned in problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Remote work requirements (annual reimbursable allowance offered toward meeting these needs):
- PC: Capable of running current Windows or macOS versions; capable of running Zoom.
- Apps: Microsoft Office (2019 or newer) desktop applications. Google G Suite will be provided. Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Connectivity: Broadband internet connection able to support 480p live video
480P (or better) webcam
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Hours: 40 hours/week, non-exempt, benefits-eligible. 100% remote.
Benefits: health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan