We’re hiring! Bookkeeper
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
Target start date: February 1, 2023
Salary: TBD by Acadia
Hours: 40 hours/week, exempt, benefits-eligible. 100% remote 9:00am-5:00pm in the Eastern Time Zone
Benefits: health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan
Extension Foundation (EXF) is a well-established non-profit organization providing diverse services to over 100 public universities across the United States. EXF is a membership-based 501(c)(3) non-profit operating foundation formed in 2006 by Extension Directors and Administrators. EXF partners with university-based Cooperative Extension Services to increase their capacity and offers exclusive professional development to its members. EXF has multiple sources of funding, including memberships and multiple federal awards.
EXF is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Bookkeeper. Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with the Comptroller to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software; QuickBooks, and Bill.com. High preference given to candidate who has worked in higher education or the non-profit sector.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of Extension Foundation.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct account, job, class
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Assist Comptroller with tax returns
- Assist Comptroller with monthly Close and reconciliation of accounts
- Maintain financial records; produce monthly reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivables and payables.
- Assist the Comptroller in preparation of monthly financial statement packages for the CEO, COO, Project Managers and Board of Directors.
- Assist the Comptroller with maintaining and preparing all financial and operational reporting (by department, program, contract and Federal agencies)
- Minimum 7+ years of work experience.
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience working in higher education or non-profit environment with multiple
- Federal awards management and compliance
- Working knowledge of CFR 200.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage chart of accounts and financial records
- Thorough knowledge of Quickbooks, Bill.com and Google Suite
- Passing a Criminal Records Check
- Certified Public Accountant with demonstrated commitment and effort to ongoing professional development.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Professionalism, collegiality, and solid organizational skill set.
Remote work requirements (taxable allowance offered toward meeting these needs):
- PC: Capable of running current Windows or macOS versions; capable of running Zoom.
- Apps: Microsoft Office (2019 or newer) desktop applications. (Google G Suite and QuickBooks will be provided)
- Connectivity: Broadband internet connection able to support 480p live video
480P (or better) webcam
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply, please complete this application: https://registry.extension.org/230023817547857