Application Deadline: December 2, 2022
Target start date: 12/19/22
Hours: 40 hours/week, exempt, benefits-eligible. 100% remote 9:00am-5:00pm in the Eastern Time Zone
Benefits: health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan
Extension Foundation (EXF) is a well-established non-profit organization providing diverse services to over 100 public universities across the United States. EXF is a membership-based 501(c)(3) non-profit operating foundation formed in 2006 by Extension Directors and Administrators. EXF partners with university-based Cooperative Extension Services to increase their capacity and offers exclusive professional development to its members. EXF has multiple sources of funding including memberships and multiple federal awards.
EXF is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Comptroller CPA to guide our growth and manage the day-to-day accounting team. The Comptroller’s focus will be on financial reporting, budgeting, analysis, planning and oversight of systems and processes. The Comptroller will supervise bookkeeping, accounting, and federal awards including supporting comprehensive financial and audit obligations. High preference for finding someone who has worked in university grants and contracts and the non-profit sector and understands funding and contracts.
- Prepares monthly financial statement package for the CEO, COO, and Board of Directors.
- Maintains and prepares all financial and operational reporting (by department, program, contract) and meets with department and program leaders on a regular basis to share and modify plans, budgets and reports as required.
- Closes out accounting periods monthly.
- Prepares monthly financial analysis and forecast.
- Prepares monthly cash position and forecast.
- Oversees monthly preparation and accounting for invoices and drawdowns for awards.
- Manages reporting structure and oversees setup of financial and contractual information in all systems.
- Assists with contracting functions and develops an understanding and appropriate documentation of funding changes as they relate to budget revisions and financial reporting for EXF and sub-recipients.
- Oversees annual budgeting process including the development of operational budgets and their modification during the year as needed.
- Identifies areas of improvement and implements changes including, business process changes and system requirements within the accounting function.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains financial policies.
Advises on investments and borrowing, including rate negotiation and schedules.
- Ensures appropriate planning, developing, and monitoring of accounting functions, roles and responsibilities including federal award compliance, reporting and auditing.
- Oversees operations associated with the organization’s PEO payroll, benefits and deductions, reimbursements, accounting, cash management, and other relevant financial functions.
- Prepares and provides financial and taxation information, reports, ad hoc analyses, and other needed documents for external and internal users.
- Manages the operations associated with year-end procedures, annual audits and other legislated financial functions.
- Adheres to required legislation, policies, and regulations and maintains regulated reporting requirements.
- Prepare the annual consolidated budget (operating and capital funds) as well as the annual budget for the organization and all funded projects.
- Supervise the staff and functions for Bookkeeping and Accounting Clerks, Post-Award Specialists, subaward auditors, and other staff as needed.
- Required: A member in good standing Certified Public Accountant and demonstrated commitment and effort to ongoing professional development.
- Required: 7+ years of professional accounting and fund accounting experience, including 3+ years in a management role responsible for financial management, planning, budgets, budgetary control, business analytics, audit and compliance.
- Required: Min. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Required: Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Government Accounting Standards applicable to sponsored programs, CFR 200.
- Required: Exceptional skills in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Required: Experience working in a higher education environment with federal awards management and compliance.
- Required: Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership.
- Required: solid professional and interpersonal skills as well as excellent analytical, communication, writing, planning and organization skills.
- Required: Passing a Criminal Records Check
- Preferred: Experience with HubSpot, Trello, Zoom, Google Suite, Bill.com, Expensify.
- Emotional intelligence including motivation, empathy, and self-awareness to build strong relationships and develop an effective team.
- Track record of effectively navigating organizational change including creating new workflows, adopting new software, and navigating changes in business models.
Remote work requirements (taxable allowance offered toward meeting these needs):
- PC: Capable of running current Windows or macOS versions (Windows emulation software for Mac also required); capable of running Zoom.
- Apps: Microsoft Office (2019 or newer) desktop applications. (Google G Suite and QuickBooks will be provided)
- Connectivity: Broadband internet connection able to support 480p live video
- 480P (or better) webcam
To apply click here: https://registry.extension.org/223216889549874