NTAE Year 4
The New Technologies for Agricultural Extension (NTAE) cooperative agreement (grant no. 2020-41595-30123) with the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) through a partnership with Oklahoma State University and the Extension Foundation will enter its fourth year on September 1, 2022.
The Extension Foundation is seeking a part-time graphic designer to work with the Technology and Communications/Marketing Areas to support NTAE and Extension Foundation graphic designer needs. The position will report to Aaron Weibe, Extension Foundation Communications and Marketing.
The Extension Foundation views graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. The Extension Foundation is looking for a highly creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and electronic media. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled in every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable. Collaborating with multiple teams at the Extension Foundation, the graphic designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project.
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Work remotely, independently, and cooperatively on multiple projects with various teams, meeting deadlines and budget constraints
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, signage, internal communication, newsletters, marketing and print materials, quarterly and annual program reports.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Develop concepts with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- 5+ years experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years in professional graphic design, preferably with a creative or marketing agency
- Knowledge of WordPress and content management systems a plus
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software
The part-time Graphic Designer position will be part-time beginning September 16, 2022 until August 31, 2023. Additional opportunities for contracting are dependent upon funding.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application here: https://registry.extension.org/222374206627858