Extension Foundation Announces Year 4 New Technologies for Ag Extension Funding Opportunity and Application Workshops
New Technologies for Ag Extension (NTAE) is a grant from USDA-NIFA in partnership with Oklahoma State University and it will begin its fourth year starting on September 1st, 2022. The Foundation is inviting your project and program teams aligned with USDA and ECOP strategic goals/priority program areas to apply and receive some funding and support from the Extension Foundation for one full year. Programs with a special focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, and climate are encouraged but this is not a requirement. All land-grant universities are welcome to apply regardless of membership status in the Extension Foundation.
Depending on the type of project, there is up to $60K in Fellowships available, and all projects receive support from Extension Foundation Catalysts, Coaches, and Key Informants. Catalysts are experienced CES Administrators that provide mentorship and guidance to projects, and Key Informants have subject matter expertise across areas such as publishing, evaluation, partner development, leadership and team development, project management, marketing, and more. Projects have access to these resources to advance their projects.
Through NTAE, the Extension Foundation provides a set of services most projects rarely have access to. The services that create deeper impact, greater leverage for impact and greater sustainability for the project. These services in collaboration with the great ideas and planned projects make for extended successes and sustainability of projects.
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- Introduction to NTAE and How to Apply (Applications Open), April 25th, 2 PM – 3 PM Eastern Time
- Introduction to NTAE and How to Apply (Applications Open), April 27th, 2 PM – 3 PM Eastern Time
- This event is open to all land-grant universities.
- Application Workshop 1: May 3rd, 2022, 11 AM – 1 PM Eastern Time
- Learn how projects are developed through the Impact Collaborative process, application checklist, and planning.
- Meet Extension Foundation Catalysts and Key Informants
- Learn more about the three project phases and how those phases may relate to your project and potential application.
- Application Workshop 2: May 24th, 2022, 11 AM – 1 PM Eastern Time
- Determine which phase your project is best suited for.
- Review the application and the process.
- Receive time and coaching for developing the application.
- Applications Due: June 20th, 2022
- Projects Selected: July 2022
- Projects Begin: September 1st, 2022
To register for the Introduction to NTAE (April 27th), and the Application Workshops (May 3rd, and May 24th), please click here.