New! Health Partnership and Development Coordinator
The Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP) Health Program Action Team (PAT), in partnership with the Extension Foundation (EXF), seeks a Heath Partnership and Development Coordinator who is passionate about advancing health equity through the work of Cooperative Extension System and its partners. The central focus of the work is to assist the Extension Health Director and the Health Program Action Team identify and manage progress toward milestones related to the implementation of Cooperative Extension’s National Framework for Health Equity and Well-Being. This work will be done with an eye toward strengthening leadership, building awareness, and ensuring the sustainability of health as a durable program thrust of the Cooperative Extension System. The fellow will report to the ECOP National Health Director and EXF Partnership and Development Coordinator and support the ECOP Health Program Action Team executive leadership group helping to operationalize strategy and align actions in support of goal achievement.
The Extension Foundation (ExF) is seeking an individual to work with our Partnership and Development Coordinator to further design and develop new partnerships and funding sources, serve as project coordinator, and be key administrative support for ECOP Health PAT projects.
The Program Action Team will have the goal to identify potential partners, build collaborations, and resources for national Extension programs surrounding health. This team will involve Extension Directors, Extension specialists, and outside collaborators such as federal government agencies and philanthropic organizations.
Job responsibilities include:
- Help in the development of the first-ever ECOP Health Program Action Team in partnership with the National Extension Health Director, Extension Foundation team, and ECOP leadership
- Cultivate opportunities for additional engagement and new partner participation on the Health PAT.
- Support proposal development and secure funding in collaboration with the Extension Foundation Partnership and Development Coordinator for identified health projects.
- Assist in the scheduling, agenda-setting, communication sharing, and general administrative support of the PAT Leadership and in coordination with the Extension Health Director and ExF Partnership and Development Team.
- Assist in the management and reporting of project milestones (Health Framework)
- Assist in the development of a management plan for achieving project milestones
- Track the work of project teams to ensure timely achievement of milestones
- Solicit contributions the National Extension Registry of Programs and Assets
- Participate in high-level meetings with partners and stakeholders to grow the visibility of Cooperative Extension’s health-related work
- Assist in resource development activities to support ongoing projects and long-term sustainability of health Extension.
- Regularly submit blog posts to the Health and Well-Being Subgroup of Connect Extension.
- Report to Extension Health Director and Extension Foundation Partnership Development Coordinator.
- Oversee the Fellow for Data Science and Community Voice and CCHE.
- Work in coordination with the Extension Foundation Solutions Team.
- Extension Foundation
- National 4-H Council
- Extension Committee on Organization and Policy
- Center for Community Health and Evaluation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Community Initiatives, Inc.
- Generalized working knowledge of the broad portfolio of health-related work of Cooperative Extension
- Familiarity with Cooperative Extension’s National Framework for Health Equity and Well-Being
- Demonstrated commitment to health equity, addressing contextual determinants of health, and collective action
- Experience in strategic planning, project management, and program evaluation
- Familiarity with online collaboration and networking tools
- Experience managing expectations multiple institutional partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral required.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to be the meeting organizer, notetaker and ensure action items are recorded and followed up on
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively and entrepreneurially engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Extension Foundation.
- High energy and passion for the mission of Extension Foundation and Cooperative Extension.
- Experience in a virtual, national or global team environment preferred.
Time Period and Funding
Support for this fellowship is a flat $60,000 beginning April 1, 2022 and ending 9/3/2023. Funds can be used to support the portion of an FTE commensurate with the incumbent’s current rate of salary and benefits.
To apply for this position please complete the online application here:
The Health Partnership and Development Coordinator Position is housed within the Extension Foundation, reporting to the Health Director and Partnership and Development Coordinator. This is a virtual position with some travel to meetings. Personal office equipment will be required for daily work.
Please complete the online application by March 18, 2022 for consideration.