We’re hiring! Accounting Manager
Extension Foundation (ExF) is a membership-based 501(c)(3) non-profit designed to be the engine fueling U.S. Cooperative Extension’s advancement in making a more visible and measurable impact in support of education outreach from land-grant universities/colleges located in every US state and territory. ExF provides an array of opportunities for Extension professionals that foster innovation creation, the adoption of innovations at member institutions, and increased impact of Extension programs. To learn more about Extension Foundation, visit https://extension.org.
Extension Foundation is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join its growing Business & Finance area to guide day-to-day accounting operations under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Accounting Manger will work closely with ExF’s senior leadership team as the CFO’s designee and will coordinate the activities of ExF’s outsourced bookkeeping firm.
- Reviews and/or approves operational activities related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, procurement cards, travel, general ledger, and related financial operations
- Oversees cash management, including review of bank account balances and execution of internal transfers and federal cash draws
- Directs the correct posting of payroll and benefit transactions
- Ensures the correct allocation of expense entries to sponsored activities in coordination with ExF’s Grants Specialist
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and year-end close and recording of accruals/deferrals and review documents for completeness, accuracy, and assignment of proper accounting period
- Partners with the CFO in ExF’s annual budget development and produces monthly variance and related management reports
- Assists with HR administration related to employee payroll setup and benefits plans enrollments, assists in analyzing annual benefit plan costs, and reconciles benefit-cost distributions to billed costs
- Prepares financial reports for external entities as needed
- Assists in the annual audit process
- Assists with insurance policy premium audits
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision: Will supervise ExF’s Accounting Assistant and other staff as assigned/hired.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, business administration, economics, public administration, or a closely relatedly field
- Required: Five years’ professional accounting experience, including fund accounting experience
- Required: Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Government Accounting Standards applicable to sponsored programs.
- Required: Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Preferred: QuickBooks experience
- Preferred: Experience with online collaborative tools, e.g., Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Personable and professional demeanor
- Ability to work daytime Eastern Zone hours
Remote work requirements (taxable allowance offered toward meeting these needs):
- PC: Capable of running current Windows or macOS versions (Windows emulation software for Mac also required)
- Apps: Microsoft Office (2019 or newer) desktop applications. (Google G Suite and QuickBooks will be provided)
- Connectivity: Broadband internet connection able to support 480p live video
- 480P (or better) webcam
Application deadline: Applications received by Friday, December 10th, will receive full consideration.
Submit an application here: https://registry.extension.org/213206250461847